Home Care For Patients With Bed Sores
The importance of home care nursing for patients with bedsores
If you have experience before with patients who suffer from bedsores, you are likely to experience intense anxiety every minute of the day because of the expectations you have about the possibility of septic arthritis, osteomyelitis, or even worse that cancer cells recurring or repeated wounds that do not heal.
Cases of bedsores are among the most cases that require the presence of home nursing specialist with them to ensure that they are cared for in the appropriate manner for their condition.
How do bedsores form?
Pressure ulcers or bedsores are formed as a result of the pressure on the skin that impedes the access of blood to that site, which worsens the situation when there is no movement.
May also result from the friction of the skin of the infected bed or his clothes, especially when the skin is wet, as well as when the movement of the coccyx is backwards with the surface of the skin.
Sometimes these wounds heal and cured, but at other times when they do not heal properly, they expose the patient to infection, which then threatens the patient’s life.
When is it recommended to use home nursing in caring for your loved ones?
• There is no specific age that requires home nursing, but it is required when it is difficult for the patient to move easily and needs support, it is better to use the home nursing service provided by Pioneer Medical Services, to take care of patient in an appropriate manner, and this is in addition to other elements as well
• If the person suffers from urinary incontinence or fecal incontinence
• In the case of nerve and spinal cord injuries in which the patient loses his sensory perception
What are the benefits of home nursing services provided at Pioneer Medical Services?
Dedicated Medical Team are ready to come to your homes and take care of wounds resulting from bedsores in a timely manner and ensure that they do not develop, and they follow various precautions in order to preserve the safety of the patient, including:
• Assist the patient every hour throughout the day in changing his position, whether he is sitting or lying down
• Training the patient, if he can move his torso (the upper part of his body), to raise himself every hour by pressing the arms of the wheelchair and raising his body as much as possible.
• Take care that the head height in the mattress is appropriate (not exceeding thirty degrees) to prevent friction and exposure to lacerations.
• Keeping the patient’s skin dry and clean through skin-friendly techniques
• Continuous routine examination of the patient’s skin to ensure that pressure ulcers do not form and to heal them quickly if they exist.
• Home nursing works under the supervision of the physician treating the case to remove damaged skin cells from ulcers for a quick recovery.
In addition, home nurse specialist ensures that if there are any medications prescribed by the doctor is undertaken, he also follows up on their appointments, as is the case with the meals provided to the patient to ensure that he is taking useful nutrients that stimulate recovery.
Pioneer Medical Services has simplified the process of requesting their home care services in Abu Dhabi, UAE:
Website: You can submit a request by clicking HERE
Email: Send an email detailing your needs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit in Branch: Alternatively, you can also visit our office at Al Zahiyah Area, Opp. Abu Dhabi Mall, Makeen Tower 2nd floor – Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Office hours are from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Sunday through Friday.
Once your request is received, a member of the Pioneer Medical Services team will conduct an initial consultation to determine the specific needs of the patient. Following a comprehensive assessment, a tailored care plan is designed and implemented, ensuring the highest standard of home healthcare delivery.