Most cases of muscle pain are due to exposure to stress and psychological stress, or intense physical activity. The most common causes of muscle pain include:
- Having a muscle strain.
- Excessive physical exertion.
- Muscles have been injured while doing hard work, or performing harsh exercises, which causes muscle pain during exercise.
- Not warming up exercises before performing heavy exercises.
Muscle pain may also be caused by medical conditions, such as:
- Bacterial or viral infections such as influenza
- Chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica.
- Myofascial pain syndrome.
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
- Hyper or Hypothyroidism.
- Decrease Potassium level in blood.
Muscle pain may appear in several forms, including:
- Deep muscle pain in a specific area or diffuse.
- Mild or severe pain that lasts a few minutes or is chronic.
- Muscle pain that persists even with rest.
- Muscle pain that occurs with movement
- Pain when pressing on the muscles, with swelling in some cases.
Other symptoms may appear with muscle pain, depending on the medical condition that the individual suffers from, and these symptoms include the following:
- High body temperature.
- Dizziness and general fatigue.
- Muscle and joint pain.
- Weakness and possibly stiffness of the affected area.
- Skin rash.
- Breathing difficulty.
Muscle pain is a symptom and not a disease in itself, so the doctor works to discover the underlying cause of muscle pain.
The doctor’s diagnosis at Pioneer is based on taking a medical history, then conducting a comprehensive physical examination, as well as examining the area affected by the pain, and he may request some tests, such as:
- Blood tests: Blood tests, such as a complete blood count and a creatine kinase enzyme test, are done to check for muscle damage.
- Imaging tests: An X-ray or MRI scan may be done to aid in the diagnosis
- The treatment of muscle pain varies from one case to another depending on the cause, as the doctor prescribes a plan to treat the underlying problem causing the muscle pain, along with pain-relieving medications such as analgesics and muscle relaxants.
- Muscle pain is a symptom and not a disease in itself, so the doctor works to discover the underlying cause of muscle pain.
How to relief the pain at home?
Muscle pain can be soothed until you see a doctor by following a rule (R.I.C.E.)
- Rest as much as possible
- Apply Ice packs for 15 minutes every four to six hours
- Compression of the area with elastic bandages
- Elevation of the injured part.
Prevention of muscle pain
Following some tips is useful in preventing muscle pain, such as pain caused by tension and stress, and these tips include the following;
- Make sure to warm up for 5 minutes before exercising.
- Drink plenty of fluids in general.
- Avoid sitting for long periods and make sure to do stretching exercises from time to time
The role of Pioneer Medical Services in screening for myalgia
Prevention of muscle pain.
The home laboratory service at Pioneer Medical Services plays a crucial role in facilitating check-ups. Where this service came to meet the needs of citizens in the Kingdom of Abu Dhabi. Home laboratory services provide accurate and convenient tests in the comfort of your own home.
With this service, there is no need to spoil your day by visiting a clinic or hospital. You can schedule your exams at a time that suits you, and a qualified healthcare providers will visit you at your home for the examination. The results are then quickly presented to you and your clinician, ensuring a quick response and prompt intervention if needed.
Pioneer offers you a doctor consultation at your home as well
You can get special laboratory packages to set the possible causes associated with your muscle pain, such as: the thyroid gland package, and the arthritis package.
And if the specialist doctor recommends physiotherapy sessions for your case, we have in Pioneer, physiotherapists of both genders to meet your needs
Pioneer Medical Services has simplified the process of requesting their home care services in Abu Dhabi, UAE:
Website: You can submit a request by clicking HERE
Email: Send an email detailing your needs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit in Branch: Alternatively, you can also visit our office at Al Zahiyah Area, Opp. Abu Dhabi Mall, Makeen Tower 2nd floor – Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Office hours are from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Sunday through Friday.
Once your request is received, a member of the Pioneer Medical Services team will conduct an initial consultation to determine the specific needs of the patient. Following a comprehensive assessment, a tailored care plan is designed and implemented, ensuring the highest standard of home healthcare delivery.